Safeguarding 2 Course - Galway
home / Safeguarding 2 Course - Galway
Galway LGFA Seeking Candidates for the position of U16 County Manager
Galway LGFA are currently recruiting for the position of U16 County Manager for 2023.
If you think you have an ability to manage our U16 county team please email email@example.com for an application form.
All completed application forms must be returned via email to the county secretary no later than Monday, 19th Sep 2022 at 5pm.
Interviews will take place shortly thereafter. Candidates will be required to name their backroom team at interview stage.
To apply for the position you must:
· Be a member of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association and have a general knowledge of how Ladies Gaelic Football procedures and policies operate.
· Demonstrate at least 3 years of a proven track record in management of club and/or county team.
· An ability to demonstrate / organise a high standard of coaching (At least Level 1 Coaching Certificate in LGFA/GAA is preferable).
· Have an understanding and work within the Guidelines of the LGFA and the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Young Players.
· Have completed the Child Protection Safeguarding Course.
· Be Garda Vetted/Access NI Checked.
Skills and Attributes of an LGFA Manager:
· Demonstrate good ability to plan.
· Have suitable player management and organisational skills.
· Have exceptional leadership qualities
· Be highly motivated and driven to succeed by maintaining high standards of professionalism at all times.
· Have the ability to work as part of a team and work competently with Galway County Board.
· Have the ability to create a positive environment for all players to develop to the best of their ability.
· To be approachable and encourage players to express their thoughts when required.
· Provide strong leadership and encourage a supportive team environment with coaching, backroom team and players.
· Your Backroom team must include at least one unrelated female liaison person and no more than one person per club.
· Plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate quality and appropriate coaching.
Application Forms are available from the County Secretary, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or click below
Galway LGFA are organising a G4M&O blitz on Sunday 26th June 2022 in The Dome in Bekan.
Entry Fee is €120 per team.
Contact Claire Burke for further information.087 3930144
Click below to register
Galway face Westmeath in the 2nd round of the TG4 Championship on Sunday 19th June at 2pm in Tuam Stadium
This is an all ticket event.
Tickets are available on the following link
Results from John West Regional Feile Peile na nÓG
Galway Minor ladies take on Mayo in the Provincial Championship this coming Saturday 9th April
The game is at 2pm in Caherlistrane and is an all ticket affair. Tickets can be purchased here
Athenry Credit Union now main sponsor of the U16 Galway LGFA. Think Local Support, Think Athenry Credit Union Visit www.AthenryCU.ie
THE Ladies Gaelic Football Association is pleased to announce the winners of the prestigious 2021 LGFA Volunteer of the Year Awards, in association with currentaccount.ie.
Administrators, coaches and media are among those honoured across ten categories, with the scheme now in its fifth year.
The award winners will be acknowledged at a special awards function at Croke Park tomorrow (Friday) evening, February 11.
The event will commence at 7.00pm, with Dáithí Ó Sé performing MC duties.
Ladies Gaelic Football Association President Mícheál Naughton will be present on the night, along with currentaccount.ie representatives including Mr. Seamus Newcombe (CEO).
The 2021 winners are as follows:
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Chloe Callaghan (Termon, Donegal)
- School Coach of the Year – Fidelma Quinn (Moate Community School, Westmeath)
- Club Coach of the Year – Bart Gilmartin (Old Leighlin, Carlow)
- Local Journalist of the Year – Derrick Lynch (Clare FM)
- PRO of the Year – Élena Byrne (Dunamaggin and Kilkenny LGFA)
- Club Committee Officer of the Year – Carolyn Mullane (Passage West, Cork)
- County/Provincial Officer of the Year – Cormac McNally (Roscommon LGFA)
- International Volunteer of the Year – Eva Scanlon (Tir Chonaill Gaels, London)
- Overall Volunteer of the Year (Lulu Carroll award) – Kathleen Colreavy (Naomh Mearnóg, Dublin)
- Volunteer Hall of Fame – Mary Hernon (Milltown, Galway)
The Overall Volunteer of the Year award winner, Kathleen Colreavy from Naomh Mearnóg in county Dublin, will receive the Lulu Carroll award.
This award is named after the late Lulu Carroll, a 2001 All-Ireland Senior Medallist with Laois who sadly passed away in 2007, following a battle with cancer.
During her glittering career, former All Star Lulu also won eight Leinster Senior titles with Laois, six county Senior titles with Timahoe, and a provincial crown with her club.
Kathleen is a worthy recipient of the Lulu Carroll award, due to her sterling work with her local club, Naomh Mearnóg, and with the Dublin LGFA in assistant secretary and female liaison officer roles in recent times.
Our Volunteer Hall of Fame winner, Mary Hernon from Milltown in Galway, has given phenomenal service to the promotion and development of Ladies Football in her club, county and province.
Mary is currently vice-chairperson of the Galway LGFA board, Connacht Council Secretary, Chairperson of the National Regrading committee, and she also serves on the National Disciplinary committee.
Paying tribute to the winners, Ladies Gaelic Football Association President, Mícheál Naughton, commented: “We’re delighted once again to announce and honour the winners of our LGFA Volunteer of the Year awards, in association with currentaccount.ie.
“Having held our 2020 awards in a virtual setting, it’s wonderful to be in a position where we can welcome our winners, guests and representatives from currentaccount.ie to Croke Park.
“This is an evening that has become one of the most enjoyable on our annual calendar, and we’re looking forward to seeing everybody on the night.
“During incredibly challenging times, our winners have provided magnificent and selfless service to the LGFA, in various roles.
“We received huge numbers of nominations in each category, and settling on a list of winners was not an easy task, I can assure you. I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the work of each and every nominee, whose details we received.
“Without the work of our volunteers, our Association could not function as it does. Our winners and nominees, are a credit to themselves, their families, clubs, counties, provinces and international units. We thank them most sincerely.
“We’re also very pleased to be in a position to welcome our sponsors, currentaccount.ie, to Croke Park.
“They are also sponsors of our All-Ireland Club Championships, which concluded recently for the 2021 season, and they are at the very heart of communities in Ireland, providing an invaluable service through local credit unions.
“This is a wonderful partnership, and one we’re most proud of. Thank you to CEO Seamus Newcombe and his team for their loyal support.”
Speaking on behalf of currentaccount.ie, CEO Seamus Newcombe said:
“The Volunteer of the Year Awards celebrate the dedication, the passion, and the time commitment put in by grass-roots volunteers across the country, and we are delighted to be sponsoring these awards and celebrating their efforts.
“Volunteer-run organisations like the LGFA and Credit Unions are at the heart of communities throughout Ireland.
“Both organisations are characterised by their not-for-profit ethos and the local community volunteers who give freely of their time to develop and enhance their services for their members.
“Indeed, Currentaccount.ie is delighted with this partnership with LGFA. Credit Unions and LGFA have a common purpose – to enhance the lives of members and communities, and share similar values based on integrity, inclusiveness, fairness and innovation.
“With the introduction of the Current Account and Mastercard Debit Card, members can now do all their day-to-day banking through their Credit Union, while supporting in a practical way the growth of this much trusted community-based service that is the Credit Union.
“And through this exciting sponsorship, they will also be supporting the continued development of the LGFA.
“The sponsorship of these awards, and our sponsorship of the All-Ireland Ladies Club Football Championships and All-Ireland Club 7s blitz day, reflects our member Credit Unions’ commitment to supporting and strengthening local communities solely for the benefit of the people living in these communities.”
“As we move into a post-covid world, our member Credit Unions look forward to continue building better, brighter and more financially stable futures for communities across Ireland. “
Currentaccount.ie is the trading name of Payac Services, a shared services company established by Credit Unions. It is the only Credit Union Services Organisation (CUSO) of its kind in Ireland that is directly-owned and operated by participating Credit Unions. Member Credit Unions have 1.4 million members and a presence in over 185 locations throughout the country.
Details of the Credit Unions offering the full-service Current Account, as well as details of fees and charges for the new Current Account, are available at www.currentaccount.ie.
Official website: https://currentaccount.ie/
This video focuses on Sarah Conneally, a player with a wealth of inter-county experience with Galway, and who's doing brilliant work as a school's coach with Coláiste Bhaile Chláir. https://fb.watch/bnBH2xvKr2/
Olivia Divilly has been awarded the 2021 Galway Sports Star Award for Ladies Football. Having finally achieved All Ireland Success and player of the match with her club Kilkerrin Clonberne on January, 29th 2022, Olivia has been consistently outstanding in both her club colours and also picked up an All Star Nomination for her performance with her county. Congratulations Olivia
Current Account.ie All Ireland Senior Club Championship – Semi Final Details
Kilkerrin Clonberne (Galway) v Donaghmoyne (Monaghan) on Saturday 16th January 2022
Venue: Kilkerrin-Clonberne GAA Club, Clonberne
Referee: Gus Chapman (Sligo)
Tickets are available to purchase at the following link: https://ladiesgaelic.ie/buy-
All at Galway LGFA would like to wish Kilkerrin-Clonberne the very best of luck